Welcome to Engineering, Done DifferentlyNordmin Engineering Ltd. was founded in 2005 by Chris Dougherty, who was its first, and at the time only, employee. The intent was to create an Engineering firm that adhered to a few very basic principles -- principles that are still enshrined in our Fair Play Statement and Employee Handbooks. These founding Principles were;
- Build a firm based on expertise and excellence. One that doesn't pretend to know something it doesn't, but focuses on what it does, and does very well. Working outside of your expertise is a recipe for disaster, and will always end badly.
- Focus on being a firm that works very well with all outside firms, whether it be a Client, another Consultant, or a Constructor. Success comes from mutual support and development. Lone wolves rarely succeed.
- Building a firm that recognizes the basic truth of any Engineering firm: Our Strength is Our People. Nordmin, like any Consulting Engineering firm, is a business that basically involves renting or leasing out a collective set of brains. No brains, no business. Thus, make sure that the wellbeing of your staff is forever paramount.
- That the use of the latest technology, the best equipment, the best tools is an absolute must, and our Company maintains an aggressive development approach to adopting new and developing technologies.
- Management is about providing direction, stability and opportunity. To provide mentorship and to help junior staff grow and learn. It is not about micro-managing, nit-picking, and bullying.
- The World is our market. Grow into it.
After a long working relationship, Nordmin merged with KMH Engineering of Thunder Bay in 2012. This added a very strong and widely renowned electrical firm into our ranks.
Our focus continues to expand, and where we were once a Company focused solely on Mining, we now work in the Pulp and Paper, Energy, Electrical Power Distribution, and Industrial Sectors. Our Company includes people in all of the major disciplines including Mining, Metallurgy, Civil/Structural, Mechanical/Piping, Chemical, Electrical/Power, Electrical/Controls and Automation, Environmental Systems and Geology.
Most recently, Nordmin undertook a merger with NordPro, its former subsidiary Company that is focused on Construction and Operational Management. This has allowed us to offer a full EPCM package to our Clients worldwide.
Our strength is our people. Our focus is meeting our Clients need. Our future is growth.
Nordmin's mantra encompasses the whole.
KNOWLEDGE + EXPERIENCE + INNOVATION = SOLUTIONS
That is the foundation for what we know differentiates us from all other Engineering firms. We are Engineering Done Differently.