Environmental and PermittingNordmin's Environmental Services Group includes Biologists, Senior Ecological and Environmental Assessment Scientists, Risk Assessors, Permitting Specialists and Field Technologists with the knowledge, expertise and skills necessary for the advancement of all types of resource development projects. We also provide expert services in the field of environmental compliance for existing operations for all air, water, effluent and water taking certificates of approval issued by regulatory authorities.
Our expertise within this group includes;
- Design and implementation of Environmental baseline studies of greenfield or brownfield sites for resource development projects to support Environmental Assessment(EA) or Permitting processes, both federal and provincial.
- Preparation of EA Terms of Reference, Project Descriptions and Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) for issuance to federal or provincial EA authorities.
- Gap analysis studies of existing or past EA baseline studies for EIS adequacy as well as high level review of draft EIS reports prior to submission to EA authorities.
- Aquatic impact assessments for compliance (MMER/EEM) or liability purposes, including fish community and population surveys, benthic invertebrate surveys, fish tissue and bioaccumulation studies. Also to support DFO authorizations.
- Water quality and hydrological surveys including automated stream flow gauging stations for watershed based contaminant loading/transport studies, plume delineation and mixing zone studies.
- Sediment quality and contamination studies for compliance or environmental mitigation strategy development. Including lake sediment and stream surveys.
- Wetland and vegetation community studies, Endangered Species surveys to support ESA permits and Ecological Risk Assessments and Biodiversity Studies.