Website Nordmin Engineering
Now in our 18th year of operation, Nordmin Engineering Ltd. is a technical resource of choice for the mining and resource sectors. Built to respond quickly and deliver results on time and on budget, Nordmin utilizes its knowledge, experience and innovation to provide solutions.
With three offices, located in Thunder Bay and Sudbury, Ontario as well as Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA, Nordmin provides Engineering and Geologic Consulting Services to Clients worldwide.
Nordmin Engineering Ltd. is presently looking to add to our Electrical Engineering group and is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
The Electrical Design Engineer’s position will be responsible for preparing drawings and designs, communicating with clients and working as part of various project teams.
- Working as part of various project teams, preparing drawings and designs, communicating with clients, vendors and tradespeople. The position requires accumulation and analysis of data attained through the acquisition of technical documents and datasheets from vendors and manufacturers, as well as on-site audits of existing systems related to:
- PLC and DCS based control systems
- Transformers, switchgear and cabling
- Low and medium voltage motor controls
- Reduced voltage motor starters
- Variable speed drives
- Industrial lighting
- Procures, analyzes and organizes client and vendor information related to specific aspects of process design within a project
- Specifies types of devices/equipment to be installed, standardized device/equipment nomenclature and location within a project
- Creates piping and instrumentation diagrams in Plant 3D or similar design software
- Prepares Interconnection diagrams using Elecdes, or other CAD based design software
- Prepares documentation outlining procurement and installation requirements
- Assists in the production of project documentation such as bill of materials, scope of work, and functional descriptions/control narratives
- Prepares detailed maintenance drawings including motor starter schematics and instrumentation loop diagrams
- Prepares detailed layout and wiring diagrams of automation control systems
- Creates and maintains databases containing cable types, core terminations and I/O point allocation
- DCS/PLC logic programming and creation of HMI graphics using a variety software platforms
- Designs custom drawing templates for use with database software
- Participates in project review meetings and report on activities and schedule commitments as required by the Project Manager
- Provides construction support as required by the client for projects completed by Nordmin Engineering Inc.
- Participates in start-up and commissioning efforts to ensure successful implementation of assigned projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a B.Eng. or B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from a CEAB accredited university. Note that your university’s accreditation, if from outside of Canada, can be obtained from the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario
- Licensed Professional Engineer in good standing in the province of Ontario, or eligible to obtain, is considered an asset
- Strong communications skills and a commitment to working in a respectful, professional manner with all co-workers and clients
- A strong ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to problem solve and develop practical solutions
- Experience with typical pulp and paper and/or mining processes
PROVIDED BY NORDMIN
- An excellent working environment focused on client needs and project delivery in a flexible, inclusive team.
- Access to training and upgrading opportunities.
- A highly competitive salary, paid overtime, a matching RRSP system and profit sharing when possible.
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- A Wellness Allowance.
- Reasonably flexible working arrangements.
- A caring and responsive management group that works with our employees to resolve any issue
Nordmin is a great place to work with great people. Join a highly skilled team, executing world class projects with the Nordmin family.
Nordmin is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive recruitment and selection process. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).