Website Nordmin Engineering Ltd.
Now in our 18th year of operation, Nordmin Engineering Ltd. is a technical resource of choice for the mining and resource sectors. Built to respond quickly and deliver results on time and on budget, Nordmin utilizes its knowledge, experience and innovation to provide solutions.
With three offices, located in Thunder Bay and Sudbury, Ontario as well as Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA, Nordmin provides Engineering and Geologic Consulting Services to Clients worldwide.
Nordmin Engineering Ltd. is presently looking to add to our Geology group and is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
The Geologist will be responsible for the examination of geological data for the purposes of exploration, evaluation, and development of natural resources, including data analysis and interpretation of geological information to guide resource exploration, development, and production activities. The Geoscientist will ensure high quality data is produced and will be accountable for accurate record keeping and regulatory compliance.
- Work within the Geology & Mining Department and multidisciplinary technical teams.
- Contribute to the writing and development of compliant NI 43-101 and S-K 1300 Technical Reports, including Mineral Resource Estimate, Preliminary Economic Assessment, Pre-Feasibility Study, and Feasibility Study levels.
- Review work and collaboratively discuss improvements and solutions with fellow colleagues.
- Inform, involve, and engage key stakeholders to develop and maintain professional relationships that represent Nordmin with integrity.
- Conduct field studies and evaluating and lead field efforts for
- Detailed interpretation of geological data.
- Conduct geological and geophysical modeling through systematic evaluation.
- Conduct field reviews and assisting in field audits.
- Assist in the development of compliant resource models.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current geological practices and
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to health, community, and environmental protection to ensure safe and compliant practices.
- Assist junior staff.
- Able to work a rotation schedule and live in remote communities or onsite in a camp environment when required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A licensed Professional Geoscientist in good standing in the province of Ontario, or the eligibility to readily obtain. Eligibility for licensure across Canadian Provinces.
- 5 years’ experience in a professional environment, with a strong track record in practical resource estimation.
- Operational and project management experience are considered assets.
- A background in production geology is considered a strong asset.
- Strong working knowledge of the principles and methods used in complex geological analyses using statistical methods and software tools.
- Experience in ore mineralization controls in multiple deposit environments.
- Robust working knowledge of geologic modeling software.
- Proven ability to create and execute projects that achieve the identified targets. Excellent planning, time-management, and organizational skills are considered an asset.
- Strong ability to produce succinct documentation and presentations to effectively and efficiently communicate the status of assigned projects and tasks to clients, management, and coworkers.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an understanding and ability to use root cause
- High level of personal integrity, a self-motivational work ethic, and the ability to operate appropriately as a professional.
PROVIDED BY NORDMIN
- An excellent working environment focused on client needs and project delivery in a flexible, inclusive team.
- Access to training and upgrading opportunities.
- Highly competitive salary, paid overtime, a matching RRSP system and profit sharing when possible.
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- A Wellness Allowance.
- Reasonably flexible working arrangements.
- A caring and responsive management group that works with our employees to resolve any issue.
Nordmin is a great place to work with great people. Join a highly skilled team, executing world class projects with the Nordmin family.
Nordmin is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive recruitment and selection process. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).