Website Nordmin Engineering
Now in our 18th year of operation, Nordmin Engineering Ltd. is a technical resource of choice for the mining and resource sectors. Built to respond quickly and deliver results on time and on budget, Nordmin utilizes its knowledge, experience and innovation to provide solutions.
With three offices, located in Thunder Bay and Sudbury, Ontario as well as Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA, Nordmin provides Engineering and Geologic Consulting Services to Clients worldwide.
Nordmin Engineering Ltd. is presently looking to add to our Mine Engineering group and is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
SENIOR MINING ENGINEER
The Senior Mining Engineer will be responsible for leading technical support for underground and surface projects in areas such as mine design, planning, ventilation, ground control, and project management. The Senior Mining Engineer will ensure high quality data is produced and will be accountable for accurate record keeping and regulatory compliance.
- Work within the Geology & Mining Department and multidisciplinary technical teams in completing design work for mining specific projects.
- Oversee and supervise the development of mine designs, production and development schedules and life-of-mine plans and assist with mineral resource and reserve evaluations.
- Lead the writing and development of NI 43-101 and S-K 1300 compliant Technical Reports at Mineral Resource Estimate, Preliminary Economic Assessment, Pre-Feasibility Study, or Feasibility Study levels and act in the capacity of a Qualified Person.
- Encourage and lead work reviews that collaboratively discuss improvements and solutions with fellow colleagues.
- Inform, involve, and engage key stakeholders to develop and maintain professional relationships that represent Nordmin with integrity.
- Support clients with ongoing mining operations by providing recommendations that enhance safety, productivity, and social engagement, while reducing costs, waste, and redundancy.
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to health, community, and environmental protection to ensure safe and compliant practices.
- Supervise, mentor, and coach junior staff.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current mining engineering practices and
- Some travel and overtime may be required. Nordmin’s policy is to limit the need for overtime work through proper resource allocation, but there may be occasional project specific need for overtime efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A licensed Professional Engineer in good standing in the province of Ontario, or readily eligible to obtain. Eligibility for licensure across Canadian Provinces, and into the United States of America is considered an asset.
- Eligibility to act in the capacity of a Qualified Person for NI 43-101 and S-K 1300 compliant Technical Reports.
- 10+ years’ progressive experience in mine design, planning, sequencing, and scheduling in multiple mining methods using safe mining practices. Operational, project management and open pit experience are considered assets. Mine Rescue experience and supervisory common core are considered an
- Open pit experience is considered an asset.
- CAD based Mine Design software experience in one of the major design packages is a necessity; Deswik experience
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Robust understanding of cost control, cost tracking and key performance indicators.
- Proven ability to create and execute projects that achieve the identified Excellent planning and organizational skills are considered an asset.
- Strong ability to produce succinct memorandums and presentations to effectively communicate status of assigned projects and tasks.
- Motivated to actively seek work and assist fellow colleagues with projects.
- Capable problem solver with an understanding and ability to use root cause
- High level of personal integrity, work ethic, and ability to conduct themselves in a professional demeanor under stressful situations.
PROVIDED BY NORDMIN
- An excellent working environment focused on client needs and project delivery in a flexible, inclusive team.
- Access to training and upgrading opportunities.
- A highly competitive salary, paid overtime, a matching RRSP system and profit sharing when possible.
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- A Wellness Allowance.
- Reasonably flexible working arrangements.
- A caring and responsive management group that works with our employees to resolve any issue.
Nordmin is a great place to work with great people. Join a highly skilled team, executing world class projects with the Nordmin family.
Nordmin is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive recruitment and selection process. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).