Website Nordmin Engineering Ltd
Now in our 18th year of operation, Nordmin Engineering Ltd. is a technical resource of choice for the mining and resource sectors. Built to respond quickly and deliver results on time and on budget, Nordmin utilizes its knowledge, experience and innovation to provide solutions.
With three offices, located in Thunder Bay and Sudbury, Ontario as well as Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA, Nordmin provides Engineering and Geologic Consulting Services to Clients worldwide.
Nordmin Engineering Ltd. is presently looking to add to our Electrical Engineering group and is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
The Senior Electrical Engineer’s position will be responsible to assist in leading the electrical and controls team. This Senior Electrical Engineer will also lead the development of E&C designs, writing and reviewing technical specifications and proposals. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Lead both focused E&C and multidisciplinary technical teams in completing design work for energy, mining, and pulp & paper projects.
- Complete proposals, estimates of hours, deliverables, and resource requirements, and develop project schedules.
- Work with the management to assess strategic requirements, workflows, and personnel needs.
- Provide technical oversight, input, and mentorship for junior and intermediate staff for engineering design considerations related to:
- PLC and DCS based control systems.
- Transformers, switchgear, and cabling
- Low and medium voltage motor controls
- Reduced voltage motor starters.
- Variable speed drives
- Industrial lighting
- Lead the development of E&C designs in the heavy industrial and energy sectors.
- Write and review technical and construction specifications and proposals.
- Evaluate submissions from equipment manufacturers and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure proper communications between disciplines and with the management team on projects.
- Undertake site visits, inspections and assessments and work closely with our clients to ensure the full and proper delivery of services.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a B.Eng. or B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from a CEAB accredited university. Note that your university’s accreditation, if from outside of Canada, can be obtained from the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario
- Licensed Professional Engineer in good standing in the province of Ontario, or readily eligible to obtain, is considered an asset.
- Minimum 10 years of Engineering design and management experience in electrical and control systems for industrial, utility, or energy applications.
- Strong communications skills and a commitment to working in a respectful, professional manner with all co-workers and clients.
- A strong ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to problem solve and develop practical solutions.
- Experience with typical pulp and paper and/or mining processes
PROVIDED BY NORDMIN
- An excellent working environment focused on client needs and project delivery in a flexible, inclusive team.
- Access to training and upgrading opportunities.
- A highly competitive salary, paid overtime, a matching RRSP system and profit sharing when possible.
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- A Wellness Allowance.
- Reasonably flexible working arrangements.
- A caring and responsive management group that works with our employees to resolve any issue
Nordmin is a great place to work with great people. Join a highly skilled team, executing world class projects with the Nordmin family.
Nordmin is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive recruitment and selection process. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).