Website Nordmin Engineering Ltd.
Now in our 18th year of operation, Nordmin Engineering Ltd. is a technical resource of choice for the mining and resource sectors. Built to respond quickly and deliver results on time and on budget, Nordmin utilizes its knowledge, experience and innovation to provide solutions.
With three offices, located in Thunder Bay and Sudbury, Ontario as well as Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA, Nordmin provides Engineering and Geologic Consulting Services to Clients worldwide.
Nordmin Engineering Ltd. is presently looking to add to our Structural Engineering group and is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Within Nordmin, the person in this Senior Engineering role will lead structural teams of EITs, Design Engineers and drafters on projects ranging from conceptual through to construction. They will be relied upon to act in a leadership role to guide, mentor, and develop junior staff while also collaborating with senior management to move the business objectives of the company forward.
- Lead both focused structural and multidisciplinary technical teams in completing the design work for mining and industrial projects.
- Complete estimates of hours, deliverables and resource requirements, and develop project schedules.
- Work with the Structural Department management to assess strategic requirements, workflows and personnel needs.
- Provide technical oversight, input and mentorship for structural staff.
- Lead the development of structural designs including calculations, analysis and design, seismic design and evaluation, as well as writing technical and construction specifications.
- Ensure proper communications between disciplines and with the management team on projects.
- Undertake site visits, inspections and assessments and work closely with our clients to ensure the full and proper delivery of services. Travel will form approximately 10% of the time demands for this working position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer in Canada and/or USA
- 15+ years of experience in engineering design and management in structural systems for industrial applications.
- Excellent knowledge of structural theory, building codes and design standards (concrete, structural steel, wood, masonry).
- Working knowledge of structural analysis and design software such as S-FRAME.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience.
- Proven ability to work independently and take responsibility for engineering works.
- Strong communications skills and a commitment to working in a respectful, professional manner with all co-workers and clients.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Committed to continual improvement and learning.
PROVIDED BY NORDMIN
- An excellent working environment focused on client needs and project delivery in a flexible, inclusive team.
- Access to training and upgrading opportunities.
- Highly competitive salary, paid overtime, a matching RRSP system and profit sharing when possible.
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- A Wellness Allowance.
- Reasonably flexible working arrangements.
- A caring and responsive management group that works with our employees to resolve any issue.
Nordmin is a great place to work with great people. Join a highly skilled team, executing world class projects with the Nordmin family.
Nordmin is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive recruitment and selection process. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).